Re: Call for items?

Hey Tristan,

Thanks for the fast response!

The blurb looks good. I like the intro description of what glade is.
For changes and updates, improvements and other delta, best to keep it in point-form (so it's more efficient ;)

I prefer release data in the following form:

Intro/Description - covers what a thing is, what it does, and why it is useful. This is followed by all the changes since the last release.

Visible changes:
Under the good:
In the works:
Etc.

Mind you, I am new at this, so any input is well appreciated, but I hope this helps. Thanks again for the fast response.

-Gervais

On 2/21/07, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 12:19 -0500, Gervais Mulongoy wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
>
> Since Glade is new in this release, it is important that we reiterate
> the bottom line, what is glade? and why is it useful?
>
> Because there have been some changes and updates I suggest that we go
> over the implications of each change and updates.
>
> I want to be able to read the release notes for Glade and quickly have
> an understanding of how it could improve my desktop experience or
> developer workflow...

Ok well here's an initial blurb, if its good, so be it - if you
need me to change it for any reasons, let me know and I'll touch it
up... unfortunately I dont have internet at home this week (changing
my ISP), and I wont be in to work untill monday - so you might have
to wait untill then for a reply.

Cheers,
                 -Tristan

The Glade Interface Designer was added to the new developer tools suite
in this release, Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development
of user interfaces for the Gtk+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop
environment. The user interfaces designed in Glade are stored in XML
format, enabling easy integration with external tools. In particular
libglade can load the XML files and create the interfaces at runtime.

With GNOME 2.18 we will be shipping the new stable version of Glade 3.2,
the main user visible change in this release is the single window UI,
now glade is one window and embeds the project widgets nicely in the workspace,
you can interact with the widgets in the workspace quite like as if it
were the end result - drag/resize operations have been reserved to
when the SHIFT modifier is active.

We've also been making major improvements under the hood -
the plugin api has vastly improved and we have a bindings framework
in the oven - its still a work in progress but some rudementary
python widgets can be plugged into Glade as is.