Re: Software installation using gnome

On 1/3/07, Chris Vaughan <supercomputer gmail com> wrote:
What I am trying to do is create an installer for a software tool I have
been developing.  I would like something that sounds relatively simple to
happen.  For every user that is created on the system i would like 2 icons
which are shortcuts to the application to appear on their desktop.  So if a
new user is created he gets 2 default icons every time.

Does anyone know of a clean and easy way to do this?

In GNOME, "icons" or launchers on the desktop are simply .desktop
files placed in the ~/Desktop directory.  Drag an item out of the
applications menu to see the format of the file or look at
freedesktop.org.

Adam