Re: eject buttons on the places menu

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 20:26 +0100, David Prieto wrote:
> > Personally, I think the last thing we need is more context menus on
> > menu items... it's probably about the most (unintentionally)
> > undiscoverable feature on our entire desktop.
>
> I might agree, but... how's having an undiscoverable feature worse than
> not having the feature at all?

an "undiscoverable" feature is like having no feature at all: only the
people knowing that there's such a feature will be able to use it, and
we'd have a whole slew of people bitching and moaning like we did when
we had the location dialog opened by Ctrl+L in the FileChooser.  sure,
the feature was there - but nobody was able to find it unless told.

personally, I'd take no feature against an undiscoverable one.

> I'm open to alternative solutions, anyway. Would it be OK if keyboard
> navigation just ignored the eject buttons?

it would be an accessibility issue, and I'm positive that the a11y
people would *not* let this be implemented - and with good reasons.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com