Re: gnome-panel menu lockdown proposal

Diego Escalante wrote:
Second, I only have a question: what happens if I add application X to
my panel and next day the admins add that application to the denied
apps list?, will it disappear?. Besides that I'm totally positive
about this.
It's not a denied list, it's an allowed list. if your application X is not in the allowed list and restricted applicaiton launching is switched on, the you won't
be able to add it to your panel.
Third, couldn't the allowing applications part be added to Alacarte?
(just an idea)

This was something that was discussed before, in that we should really be doing this
within a menu editor, however a menu editor did not exist back then.

Matt