Re: Proposed module: tracker

Tracker has been a fantastic replacement for Beagle (slow, hard to
install, does not work on Reiser4, buggy, memory hug, etc) for me. I
don't understand why Tracker's maintainer fail to advertise it as an
alternative for people who have issues with Beagle. Because from the
user's perspective, that's what it is. Nobody is going to be running
beagle on 128MB laptop. It just ain't gonna happen. Tracker on the
other hand is not only fast, it is astonishingly memory efficient. My
only qualm with Tracker is it's user interface. But it seems to be
getting better with every release. Tracker and Deskbar are the only
two projects that give me hope for GNOME. I'd like to see Tracker as
the default meta-data search indexer for GNOME in the as soon as
possible or in the nearest future. Tracker gets 5 thumbs up from me.