Re: application specific themeable icons

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 17:55 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:

> I certainly wouldn't mind if the Gnome HighContrast icons were
> re-vectorized (I think they were originally created in Illustrator
> anyway - and SVG makes obvious sense for such icons) and then
> interleaved/merged with the 'stock' SVG icons.

FWIW, thanks to Luca Ferretti there's already a HighContrast-SVG icon
theme in GNOME 2.16+ that you probably ought take a look at.  It's work
in progress, and the new icons it contains probably haven't been through
the same rigorous design process as the originals, but Luca has been
trying to stick to the a11y icon guidelines in the HIG at least.

We also haven't really decided what it's relationship should be to the
original HighContrast icon theme, if any-- right now it just inherits
from HighContrast to fill in any gaps.  So any thoughts on that would be
welcome.

Cheeri,
Calum.