Re: Desktop Session Presence Manager

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 11:42 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 11:28 +0000, Alex Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds a lot like Galago.  In fact it sounds exactly like Galago....
> > >
> > > http://www.galago-project.org/
> >
> > Galago is about getting other people's presence information, not getting
> > (and setting!) the current session user's.
>
> You can get "me" person in Galago for retrieving the user's presence.
> Setting might be possible if the feeds pushed any changes on the me
> person back to their transport, but I don't think any of the feeds do
> this at the moment.
>
> Ross

But that presence is backed by Gaim, right? So that leaves it up to Gaim
to dictate session user presence, based on some IM account. This isn't a
good idea IMO - Gaim isn't what I'd consider to be a desktop service!

This idea sits underneath Gaim, or whatever app you wish to choose that
might be interested in *real* session user presence, as in the actual
presence of a user at the computer seat.
--
Alex Jones
http://alex.weej.com/