Re: recommended D-Bus version for GNOME releases

Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 10:09 -0500, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > And please, guys, build dbus with assertions enabled, it will allow to
> > catch more bugs in applications during development period.
> >

> For distributions, it's important to keep the dbus configure defaults.
> In particular please, please don't --enable-tests in a production build.
> There are warnings at the end of configure if you've done anything
> non-default about possible security and performance implications, and
> these warnings are accurate afaik.
>
> I believe assertions are off by default because they are pretty
> expensive in terms of performance and code size, but I could
> misremember. Application bugs should be caught by --enable-checks, which
> should be enabled by default, unlike assertions.

Both assertions and tests mode are following maintainer-mode. I was
thinking it was best for developers to use dbus with assertions enabled
(as well as other parts of the stack, like warning as critical for
glib / gtk), so bad use of dbus are catched early during tests.

Or am I wrong and --enable-checks (which is by default) is enough ?

Anyway, I had both assertions and tests enabled in cooker for 0.9x
stabilisation period and I didn't disable those when we switched to
1.0.x. I'll change that.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva