Re: some more questions on the control center shell, etc

Calum Benson wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 14:23 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

I don't think this needs to be removed. We probably just need to complete
the classification of the capplets, and work on the real control center
problem, which is "too many capplets".

this is #1 priority for 2.19/2.20 development, so if you have any idea,
please bring it to us.

Of course if we'd tackled that problem first, we might not have needed
to switch back to a shell at all :/

Change back? I thought people had agreed that in the long run the menus were not a good idea, and that a usable shell was much nicer?

The current shell is not perfect and it still has issues that need to be ironed out, but I don't think that any blocker issues cannot be resolved before release. Are we suggesting that even if we had a perfect shell, it would still not be more usable and accessible as using a menu?

-Thomas