Re: libgnome deps

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:18 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> the benefits besides having somewhat lighter apps is that some of the
> GNOME modules would more likely be
> adopted by other projects - in particular Xfce - instead of them doing
> something from scratch or maintaining existing
> similar projects using the valid excuse that there are too many
> dependencies in the GNOME ones.

The only things that's stopping me applying the patches for g-p-m are:

* We duplicate a lot of logic for just opening a help file, I'm not
happy about all the copy and paste code in every module just to open a
help file. Maybe we can get this split off into another (tiny) helper
library?

* Getting rid of gnome_program_init removes bug-buddy integration. This
is a killer from my point of view. Can we _easily_ use bugbuddy without
gnome_program_init?

Richard.