Re: Online Desktop integration ideas

Jeff Waugh wrote:

I dunno dude, this is actually something I've been thinking about a fair bit
since leaving Sunny Birmingham. It came from roughly the same concern: won't
boring file synchronisation be relatively pointless and arse (aside from the
goal of having configuration sycned)?

Right. I am pretty much talking config sync here - I agree that what "file sync" normally implies is not something I care to mess with.

config sync is a transparent thing where when you log in to a system and it recognizes you and what you like.

Another way to think about it is "make .emacs behave like a gconf setting, where the gconf server happens to be on the internet" rather than think about it as 'file sync'

Havoc