Re: Gnome panel hacking

Le mardi 19 juin 2007, à 09:06 +0200, Gianni Moschini a écrit :
> 2007/6/19, Kalle Vahlman <kalle vahlman gmail com>:
> >   http://www.davyd.id.au/articles/debugging-gnome-applets.shtml
>
> Thanks you for the link, I really appreciate it.
>
> But I can't find what I'm looking for.
>
> [quote]
> To run your applet without installing it, first kill all running
> versions of the applet:
>   $ killall my_applet
> [/quote]
>
> I can't find any executable running for the window-list applet. It
> seems like it's not like an applet at all.
>
> So I must have used wrong terms here. Sorry for that.

There are two possibilities here. Is there a wnck-applet process
running? If yes, then that's the process you want to kill (beware that
it will also kill the workspace switcher, the show desktop button and
the window selector).

If this process does not exist, then the applets are running inside the
gnome-panel process.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.