Using thumbnails as nautilus file and window icons

Is this really that great an idea?

Perhaps a thumbnail composited with some kind of icon that represents
the application (in the case of window icons) and file format (in the
case of nautilus file icons) would be much more safe.

Combined with window titles that just say "Report", what are you going
to do if OpenOffice starts doing the same? EOG and Evince are already
doing this I think, and it's already starting to confuse me when I'm
looking for a window.
--
Alex Jones
http://alex.weej.com/