Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

On 3/7/07, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:

If we really must have a gnome-about dialog, shouldn't the contributors
list be kept up to date automatically? If it has to be updated manually
then it's only going to go out of date again for the next release.

Perhaps all svn account holders and foundation members (past and
present?) should be automatically added to the list? This would also
encourage people to become foundation members. It also has the benefit
that each of the names would have been verified as having made a
significant contribution.

On a more serious note (i know, I'm in shock too) why don't we just
have a web page with everyone's names? that way its easy to update, we
can make it pretty, and put photos and biographies and what have you
on it.

iain