Re: About xfrun4 (Xfce4's run app dialog) behaviour

On 3/7/07, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang gmail com> wrote:
On 2/9/07, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a GNOME fan, but used Xfce4 for a few weeks due to some of
> Thunar's magnificence, and decided to try out the entire suite (on
> Etch). Among others, I fell for it's run app (Alt+F2) utility named
> xfrun4 (part of xfce-utils). Has anyone who ever used it ever wished
> that GNOME's equivalent was like that? It's behaviour surely increases
> my productivity.
>
> It works thus:
>
> * It only auto-completes program names that have been run with it before:
>   -> reduces noise and resource usage
>
> * It won't keep auto-complete those that refused to run:
>   -> also eliminates history clutter from junk input
>
> * On start-up, it displays the most recent program that was run.
>
> sidenote - I don't know the name for the GNOME equivalent.

anyone out there?

The alt+f2 dialog in GNOME is created by gnome-panel; it is not a
separate process.  (Typing 'xprop', or preferably 'xprop | grep -v
_NET_WM_ICON' is a good way to learn about random apps and can provide
information like this)  I'd suggest checking to see if any such bugs
are filed against gnome-panel, and if not, then file these feature
requests there.

Thanks,
Elijah