Re: Beagle CPU usage (was Proposed module: tracker)

Le mercredi 28 mars 2007, à 11:20, Federico Mena Quintero a écrit :
> Another option is to add a GConf key for the limits.  Right now we
> have /desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/<mimetype>/{command,enable}.  We could
> add "cpu_limit" and "mem_limit" under /thumbnailers.  This is probably
> overkill, but it would let the sysadmin tweak and lock down the safety
> valve herself.

What about putting limits that look sane in the library, but make it
possible for the thumbnailer to change those limits?

There's no reason to change the limit unless you know you'll need it, so
this could mitigate most issues.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.