Re: su/sudo wrapper

<quote who="David Zeuthen">

> Perhaps, but running X11 / GTK+ apps as root is IMO not something we
> should endorse in the GNOME project.

Hear, hear -- I think most of the gksu(do) abuse has been a result of quick
and dirty "must have now!" deployments rather than considered approaches to
solving the problem -- and yes, that includes Ubuntu's use of gksu(do).

Thanks very much for making our infrastructure beautiful. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu Live 2007: Portland, OR, USA               http://www.ubuntulive.com/

   "Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared, be in doubt, but don't
         be gagged. The time of trial is always." - John J. Chapman