Re: i18n of Turtle files for xesam project?

2007/5/26, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>:
On 5/26/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com> wrote:

> PS: Please don't question the reasons for using Turtle, we already went
> through weeks of flame wars over this :-) Just the opinions or comments from
> an i18n point of view. Besides the choice is not final yet.

From an i18n point of view, it is a mistake to not use xml for
something like this..

Hmmm, I don't understand the reasons for this. I would expect that translators shouldn't have to know the first thing about file formats.

You can easily translate it in whatever ontology-description-language of the day
you want...

That is correct. However, it would be nice if the ontology maintainers could use a more human-friendly format (like Turtle) directly in CVS/SVN and not have to parse back and forth between several formats all the time. Also we will allow third party extensions to the ontology to be installed so the simpler the format the easier it will be for tinkerers to create custom ontologies.

Cheers,
Mikkel