Announce: gio-standalone 0.1.1 and gvfs 0.0.1 released

I'm pleased to announce the first ever tarball release of gio and gvfs!

gio is a platform independent file and I/O abstraction library, with
implementations for local files and ability to extend this with external
modules. Its ultimate goal is to be a separate library inside glib,
similar to the gthread and gobject library, but in order to get people
to test and use it early we're doing separate releases initialy (thus
the "gio-standalone" name).

This release marks a milestone for gio in that we now have a mostly
complete Nautilus port (in the gio-branch of nautilus/eel), which means
that feature-wise gio is pretty much as complete as we need it for now.

The gio API is now in a API/ABI-slush. I.E. its not completely frozen,
as we still want to get feedback and fix and major problems we find.
However, we will do our best to keep API and ABI compatibility if
possible and we don't expect much incompatible changes. So, it should be
pretty safe to start using the API now.

The code is availible at:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gio-standalone/0.1
And in the "gio-standalone" module in Gnome svn.

I've also made a release of gvfs. gvfs is a userspace virtual filesystem
where mount runs as a separate processes which you talk to via dbus. It
also contains a gio module that seamlessly adds gvfs support to all
applications using the gio API. It also supports exposing the gvfs
mounts to non-gio applications using fuse.

gvfs comes with a set of backends, including trash support, sftp and
smb. More backends are being worked on.