Re: build systems

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 12:27 +0100, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> though my biggest concern about toc2 at the moment is translation
> handling, which is not supported by itself and therefore has to be done
> manually with xgettext and msgmerge.

What are you doing with documentation?  A lot of work was put into
gnome-doc-utils to make it easy to set up a documentation build that:
* creates and verifies OMF files
* validates your documentation
* installs your documentation correctly
* manages your documentation translations

Packagers and other folks have come to expect the --disable-scrollkeeper
option that gdu provides, to the extent that non-gdu packages sometimes
get but reports that say "--disable-scrollkeeper not supported" rather
than "please use gnome-doc-utils".

Anybody using a different build tool will need to write their own stuff
to manage the documentation build and install, ensuring that everything
is installed correctly, translators can use their current workflow, and
--disable-scrollkeeper is supported.

--
Shaun