Re: Lowering barriers

It would be really sleek if we came up with a utility that could do this
for Gnome/GTK apps, and I think it would lower the barrier for people to
try to start developing.  If we had something that worked like, say:
  "ghack --python --docs --intl <projectname>"

A few years ago, when I was starting out with GNOME, Gtk+ and the autotools, whenever I wanted something like this, I'd fire up glade-2 and create a mini-project with all the files I needed by clicking on the "Build" button.

I'd then munge the generated files to get what I wanted.

Maybe ghack could start from the old glade-2 code
to get what you want.