Re: Evolution Plugins (Was Re: Rise of the Plugins)

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:56 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > > ... is really rather separate to great integration features. :-) You *can*
> > > do these things without necessitating the Outlook suite interface (at least
> > > for all users -- I do agree that some are going to be more comfortable with
> > > the old-school UI for a while => see Kontact, but keep your glasses on).
> > >
> > This should/would still work on a split mode, as these would integrate
> > with EDS for tasks and calendars and not with the Evolution instances of
> > calendar/tasks.
>
> I use evolution as a mailer. I'd still prefer to have an address book
> (as i use it from evo-the-mailer) that opens up in a separate window
> that is designed to only be a address book instead of one that is put
> inside the mailer shell. I don't think peoples desire to use addressbook
> without the mailer is the only reason why you'd want the addressbook to
> not be integrated in the evo shell. (Same for calendar.)

The main intention here would be to promote EDS and the apps written
around it. I'm sure that in future you can use Evolution mail and for
addressbook, you should be able to launch Contacts, or Evolution
Addressbook or any other thing. Where in still You can auto-complete
from your preferred Addressbooks and mail-to-task, accepting meetings
etc will work.

-Srini

Tip: If you want to launch to open Addressbook in a new window now, middle click on Contacts in the switcher.