Re: Extreme memory usage for gnome-panel related apps

About three months ago, Vincent proposed changes to the gnome-panel that
would remove the bonobo usage and switch to d-bus, as well as create a
new library/compatibility layer to handle applets [1]. It seems that
this high memory consumption is a reality (I often have close to 500MB
consumed at any given time, and that's sans compositor). Is it possible
that when the panel is re-written we could address these concerns and
make the panel and applets more nimble?

benjamin gramlich

[1] http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap