Re: New clock applet for 2.22

> On 10/3/07, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no> wrote:
>

> > All this should just come from libc. I don't think we should do anything
> > special here at all. I think all the needed data is available in the
> > locale data.
>
> That is where GtkCalendar takes it from. Unfortunately, the
> week-start-data in glibc locales is somewhat unreliable, and
> corrections are not exactly easy to get in.

I have a similar problem with the %s printf format in Glom (some locales
display only 2 digits, some 4). I let the translators override it by
making that string translatable. You could use some similar technique to
let the translators specify the week start day when they known that the
locale is wrong.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com