Re: Pulseaudio

Last time I tried PulseAudio (over a year ago) it hogged the sound
device and did not let any other ALSA client produce sound.

Can someone confirm the bug is still there?  Just (e.g.) play some music
with PulseAudio and then start an ALSA client, check that mixing is
being done.

If the bug is still there then I would not recommend anyone using
PulseAudio.  Unless you want to see for example your flash plugin sound
to stop working, like it didn't usually work in the old days when it
used OSS API.