Re: Will symlinking fix trash bugs? (Was Re: Please can we get a consistent desktop neutral trash behaviour.)

Hi,

Le mercredi 17 octobre 2007 à 14:23 +0200, Christian Kirbach a écrit :
> (a) maintain compability with old apps
> (b) create a freedesktop.org compatible trashing system at the same time
> (c) not require any changes to nautilus or gnome-vfs (nor gvfs)
>
> Then again distros could do this with scripts in software packages of
> their preferred
> packaging system.
> They could also remove the ~/.Trash symlink when gnome-vfs is replaced by
> gvfs.

Packaging scripts won't touch the user home directories; this is broken
behavior.

This would have to be done in the application itself, presumably in
gnome-session upon startup.

--
 .''`.