Re: MAINTAINERS in svn -- have it or no commit for you

<quote who="Olav Vitters">

> I do understand this is heavy handed way of getting that information.

I'd suggest the heavy-handedness is just mistimed -- it would be totally OK
to announce that this would happen immediately *after* the release of 2.20,
as then it would simply be a property of the next release cycle. Doing it
now, during the final and arguably most crucial stages of the cycle (during
which, confusion may have a serious impact on the quality of our release),
is pretty risky.

An infrastructure change such as this is not important enough to inflict at
critical points of the release cycle, but it will be great to fix for the
next.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Boston Summit 2007                    http://live.gnome.org/Boston2007

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~