Re: Maintainers: Information from /trunk/MAINTAINERS files

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:17:04PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 21 septembre 2007, à 15:08 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> > To see the data parsed from the MAINTAINERS files, go to
> > http://www.gnome.org/~ovitters/maintainer-data.html. This file
> > is sorted by account name. It has two lists. One shows possible invalid
> > data. The second list contains all maintainers found from the various
> > MAINTAINERS files.
>
> Re: "ERROR: Strange field: #E-mail (module: gnome-panel)"
>
> Should I stop trying to make comments in MAINTAINERS? Or will the script
> understand that ^#.* is a comment?

I should probably have ignored stuff starting with ^#. It doesn't really
matter, it ignores everything it cannot parse (because you can have free
text in the file).

You cannot do it yet, but in future you'll be able to control via Mango
who can approve account requests for your module (similar as how the
'developers' work on GNOME Bugzilla.. every maintainer in Mango will
have the same permissions.. meaning, can approve SVN accounts and
add/remove other maintainers).
The parsing of /trunk/MAINTAINERS is a one time thing. Haven't thought
out how to deal with new SVN repos, or what should happen if
/trunk/MAINTAINERS is updated, but Mango is not...

--
Regards,
Olav