Re: Module proposal: GtkGLExt for GNOME 2.22

Hi Andreas,

Le samedi 22 septembre 2007, à 13:57 +0200, Andreas Røsdal a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> * Proposal: Include GtkGLExt in the GNOME developer platform.

Oh, interesting.

Note that it's possible that it will get rejected for the platform if it
doesn't go in the desktop for at least one cycle, since we're quite
strict about the platform. So maybe you should propose it for the
desktop first?

> However, GtkGLExt is currently unmaintained. I will volunteer to maintain
> it if accepted as a GNOME module, and hope to work with the GNOME community
> to make it fit in well as a GNOME module.

Well, it won't be accepted if it's unmaintained. So you should do things
the other way around: start maintaining it before it can get accepted.

> There has also been a lot of discussion about this in bug #119189
> "Add OpenGL support to GTK+".

I gave a really quick look at the bug, and there doesn't seem to be any
decision there. Are there any specific plans?

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.