Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

On 9/23/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
Hi Xavier

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 23:19 +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:
Currently GNOME has no IM program at all, Ekiga does only voice and
video AFAIK.
Surely you haven't forgotten Gossip already. :P

FWIW, I'm extremely keen on keeping Gossip going. I personally feel that Telepathy is potentially dangerous to our cause. I mean, great, you can voice-video chat with your MSN friends, but you still need an MSN account. One step forward, two steps back.

I've been diving deeper in to the code involved here and the more I see the more I dislike. Xavier, it seems that you implemented gossip-telepathy and then forked Gossip to create Empathy? Can you provide some history for us please? What is going on here?