Re: New default theme is unpleasant

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 18:10 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> In applications with a large toolbar at the top, the "glossy-gradient"
> effect is a huge throwback to the days of Crux. It's a large departure
> from the old Clearlooks that used a flat surface for the toolbar. The
> top of every window looks like a shinny speedbump, now.

See http://www.barisione.org/blog.html/p=105 for a description on how to
configure some aspects of the theme.

> The color temperature has gone from a more human-friendly warm color
> to something more "blue and icy".

You can easily change the color in the Appearance settings.

Overall I agree with your feelings that the new theme is a regression. I
like some of the more subtle changes that have been made, but I very
much dislike the shaded toolbars, notebook tabs and the colored
scrollbars. I would very much welcome if some of this bling could be
turned off by default to give the next GNOME release a more polished
default look. But then, of course, this is mainly just personal taste.

Sven