Re: Please include into 2.22: libnotify, notification daemon

Le mardi 25 septembre 2007, à 14:50 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> IIRC the issue has already been discussed before, but it is still
> unresolved. A lot of apps popup notifications using libnotify.
> gnome-settings-daemon would benefit of that library greatly. Could we
> please have it in GNOME - especially taking that de-facto it is a part
> of any reasonable GNOME desktop, already.

Quote from [1]:
  + libnotify
    - mixed feelings within the release team.
    - this is being used more and more, so it's pretty clear there's a
      demand for this.
    - some of us still strongly feel that it should live in one of the
      libraries we already have in our stack (probably GTK+). We'd like
      to see people working on integrating this in our stack, or
      explaining why it's not possible to do so.
    - what might be worth is accepting the dbus API: this is something
      that will happen more and more in the future (think Xesam, for
      example). The API probably needs to be standardized, though.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2007-August/msg00004.html

Can some people go to the xdg list, propose the dbus API and see if all
desktops are fine with it? That's really something that should be done.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.