Re: Module proposal: Conduit for GNOME 2.24

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM, John Stowers
<john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 15:16 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
>  >  Also, to sync a second calendar on the
>  > same account it required me to add the authentication information
>  > again.  The concept of persistent accounts probably needs to be
>  > introduced at some point to allow saying sync these 5 google calendars
>  > from the same acount with these matching evo ones without 5 separate
>  > conduit groups.
>  >
>  > Note: There's a proposed SoC project that wants to create persistent
>  > accounts in the About Me capplet.
>
>  This was discussed briefly with the mugshot folks. The concept of a
>  centralised 'this is my account details on these services' type thing.
>  No resolution was ever really reached, so I would be happy if the SOC
>  project (for example) came and solved these problems for me!

I have since been informed that evolution is in the process of
implementing some kind of Unified Account Manager.  I haven't heard of
it until now, but it seems like it would be conflicting.  There are at
least three projects that need some of the same information.  The
secrets should be stored in gnome-keyring, but what is needed is a
frontend to enter this kind of stuff.  Christian Kellner said he
doesn't think About Me is the right place for it and I understand what
he's saying.  We probably all need to discuss it so completing
solutions aren't in play.

Cheers,

Adam