Re: Call for hackfest ideas

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
> >  One of the things the Board wants to see happen this year is hackfests,
>  >  and the fact that the GTK+ one was a success is a good sign that we
>  >  should do this :-) But to make this happen, we need help from the
>  >  community to come up with ideas of hackfests and we also need help from
>  >  volunteers to lead this effort.
>  A multimedia hackfest would be very useful to work out a solid plan of
>  action for the future.

I'll be persistent and propose a "better general experience" hackfest
including better multimedia support, better system sounds and a sane
interface for printing (including automatically supporting hotplugged
printers and possibly downloading drivers from openprinting).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution