Re: Dependency Proposal: Clutter 0.6.2, ClutterMM 0.6

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 00:33 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> If Clutter is built on top of opengl exclusively (correct me if I'm
> wrong), then:
>   1. It does not use Cairo;

cairo can be used to draw on a ClutterTexture, using the clutter-cairo
actor.

>   2. It might not work if opengl is not available;

it will work on Mesa with software rendering. not as good, and not as
fast, but it will still work.

>   3. It might not integrate nicely with gtk+ printing;

minor point, in this case: you rarely want to print a tetris field. ;-)

Clutter is meant to build mostly UIs, not content; and content can be
drawn with Cairo and displayed on top of Clutter.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,