Re: random revision control proposal

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

> The modulesets we provide shouldn't be used to contribute to those
> external dependencies. But I see your point. Wouldn't it make more sense
> to directly discuss with the people involved in the relevant projects?

I believe the affected modules are already in the process of switching
to git.  The larger goal really is that it makes sense for GNOME to
work towards lowering the barriers to entry for hacking on the stack;
decreasing variance between modules and making it feel unified.  There
are of course many variables here besides revision control, like build
systems and languages.

Anyways, not the most critical issue (people breaking the build are a
far worse problem), but revision control is a relatively easy target.