Re: New svn module: gnome-sound-theme

2008-08-12 klockan 05:42 skrev Sandy Armstrong:
> Brian Cameron wrote:
> >We should update our spec so that FLAC is the recommended uncompressed
> >format.
> Huh?  Isn't FLAC a *compressed* format?  Lossless != uncompressed.

That's not true. According to your defition, gzip would also be lossy?
Anyway, FLAC is an audio format for lossless compression (smart encoding of
the waveform instead of just dumping bit vectors as a PCM file...)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

if it gets you down :: well just don't blame me   -- queens of the stone age