Re: New svn module: gnome-sound-theme

Sandy:

Huh?  Isn't FLAC a *compressed* format?  Lossless != uncompressed.

Sorry, my confusion.  The current Sound Theme spec only has supported
sound file formats for uncompressed and compressed formats.

I think most people who deal with audio care more about lossy versus
lossless formats than whether the data is compressed or not.  Most
people would probably prefer compressed as a default due to the large
size of audio files.

I think the spec should, at the very least, include FLAC as the
recommended compressed lossless format and OGG/Vorbs as the
recommended compressed lossy format.

If people think an uncompressed lossless format has any value, then it we should consider a better format than WAV, which has a 4 GB filesize
limitation, while Sony Media WAV 64 (W64) allows for longer recording
times.

Brian