Re: indentation of c code

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Dodji Seketeli <dodji seketeli org> wrote:
BJörn Lindqvist a écrit :

[...]

There is no GNOME standard for indenting C code -- every project use
their own indentation style (unfortunately). But to reformat a file to
an indentation style many projects use, you can just run "indent"
without any arguments.

I am sorry, but I think there is a GNOME standard for indenting C code.
It's at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/book1.html,   chapter http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/code-style.html.

If GNOME C projects use their own indentation style, I think it's just because only a few people have read that documentation or because GNOME as a project does not enforce it that much.

GTK+ uses the GNU indentation style that is documented at http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html.

I would love to clean up indentation in my module but I fear that it creates useless svn blame output henceforth.