Re: Update Python version to >= 2.5

Le jeudi 04 décembre 2008 à 16:55 +0100, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> Olav Vitters wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:32:30PM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > > There were no objections, so let's celebrate Python 3.0 release with
> > > updating the minimum Python version to be 2.5.
> >
> > Still will break the buildbot on RHEL5 (never found bootstrap Python to
> > work with x86_64).
>
> It has the python-lib64 patch from Mandriva, but it is not the same as
> the Fedora patch, if it doesn't work perhaps we could switch to the
> one from Fedora.
>
> Would you want me to extract that provide you a custom moduleset so
> you can test it ?
>

> Colin: do you have a python2.5 version of Fedora patch ?

Mandriva patch :
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/python/current/SOURCES/python-lib64.patch?revision=10295

Fedora patch :
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/python/python-2.5-lib64.patch?revision=1.1

I'm really no python expert to say which one is better ;)
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva