Re: Sound effects

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:

> Actually all the sounds have (almost) complete context including full
> text alternative for assistive technologies so you could either opt
> for the screen reader to read the description aloud or just ask it
> "what was that" from time to time.

They have (almost) complete context for their original arbitrary purpose.
The problem is with the arbitrariness and overloading the sounds to
purposes which they weren't meant for.
The two blind people I've seen using a computer have only one sound, it beeps
and everything else is read out to them.

iain