Re: Sound effects

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre lureau gmail com> wrote:

> And all the sound can link to the same sound, if what you want is a
> single sound (although I would never do that)

Sorry, I didn't notice this...
No, I wouldn't want to do that either
Because the sound would not be emitted at a good time
If you think that is what I wanted then you misunderstood me.

I want sound emitting to mean something predictable.
Currently it means multiple different things.
It can mean you did something, something succeeded, something failed,
something unexpected happened, you're required to do something,
something expected happened...and the occurances of these sounds is
arbitrary and at the whim of the people who came up with the naming
spec.

I want a single meaning for when sound is emitted.
To be honest, I don't really care what that sound sounds like
it could be a duck or frog (like the mac has) for all I care[1].

iain