Re: gnome-mount unhide option

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 08:17 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me why calling gnome mount fails when
> using the unhide option? For instance if I mount my disc as follows;
>
> gnome-mount -d /dev/sr0 -o unhide
>
> an error appears telling me I have passed an invalid mount option,
> obviously this is not the case as the mount manpage says;
>
> unhide - Also show hidden and associated files.  (If the ordinary files
> and the associated or hidden files have the same filenames, this may
> make the ordinary files inaccessible.)

Mount options are handled by hal. The unhide option is not in any policy
file, so it's not a valid mount option.

To add it, open /usr/share/hal/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi,
search for the filesystem type you want these options added for and add
something like this to that entry:

<append key="volume.mount.valid_options" type="strlist">unhide</append>