Re: HIG says "Page Setup" not "Page Setup..."

El lun, 04-02-2008 a las 18:09 +0100, Luca Ferretti escribió:
> I've just opened bugs against eog, evince, evolution and gedit to remove
> the trailing ellipsis from File->Page Setup menu entry. Bugs are 514352,
> 524354, 514355, 514356.
>
> If you know other applications that need to be fixed, please let me
> know.

I'm not completely sure that's a bug. HIG says

        Label the menu item with a trailing ellipsis ("...") only if the
        command requires further input from the user before it can be
        performed. Do not add an ellipsis to items that only present a
        confirmation dialog (such as Delete), or that do not require
        further input (such as Properties, Preferences or About).

In order to setup the page properties, further input is required from
the user. That's completely different from "Preferences", where the
semantics of the action tells you that you will be presented with the
preferences dialog, and nothing more.

Of course, I'd ask the usability experts some advice on this.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>