Re: Just change release date (Was Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21)

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 01:30 +0100, Mattias Bengtsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 01:26 +0100, Matteo Settenvini wrote:
> > Moreover, a regression is a regression, and should be prioritized. Btw,
> > how much useful is having WebDAV and ObexFTP in before normal FTP
> > support?
>
> No idea what is used "the most" or anything. But i use ObexFTP daily at
> work transfering applications to my cellphone.

Clearly the most important thing is the thing you yourself use. :)

The reason Webdav and obexftp are in a better state than ftp is:
a) Interested people wanted to work on them
b) They are better protocols that are easier to make a protocol from
c) There are libraries that do much of the work for handling these
   protocols.