Re: GNOME's testing strategy for GUIs

В Чтв, 14/02/2008 в 13:42 -0500, Willie Walker пишет:
> Hi All:
>
> I might be opening a big can of worms with this question, and I
> apologize if someone is already working in this space and I just don't
> know it.
>
> What is the automated testing strategy for GUIs in GNOME?  Is there a
> well defined way to create a 'make test' target and have it do the right
> thing?
>
> I know of LDTP and Dogtail, and the build brigade folks were trying
> something at one time.  Orca has its regression test harness as well.
> But, I know of no unifying test strategy for GNOME.  Are people working
> in this space?  If not, does the community have an interest in seeing
> something like this emerge?

Well, there is gnome-test-specs package, partially outdated:

svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-test-specs

during GHOP Joshua Henderson wrote amazing set of tests with ldtp for
testcases mentions, now they are committed in gnome-tests-specs

Individual packages like evince or gedit also have test specification,
there are evolution dogtail scripts. Some amount is committed in jhbuild
which has jhbuild test command, not quite used now.

So the minor problem is either to collect all tests in a single place
like jhbuild or gnome-test-specs or include them into individual
packages. There must be a whole desktop testing suite as well too.

There are few much more important problems with tests:

1) They are slow, it's hard to wait so long
2) They don't really test anything at least now. GUI testing is rather
complicated subject, I'm not sure how it can be done properly. I haven't
seen any good article on GUI testing yet.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=