Re: Tomboy replacement

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 laposte net> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >  Just rewrite sticky note using Vala, you will make some users happy
>  >  rather than poisoning d-d-l with flames. :)
>
>  Don't port sticky notes. It's so 1980s. Tomboy is teh awesome.
>
>  Seriously, I am very suprised that no one from the less central
>  languages has tried to port Tomboy to their suggested language of
>  choice (hello, Java people?) as a proof of concept to demonstrate that
>  their language is as useful as C#/Mono.

Why would one rewrite something that works perfectly? ;)

Even more seriously, language is a tool and you are free to pick the
best tool for each job. It's better to have multiple lanugages crossed
in GNOME than to use the same old hammer to put everything in place
(even if a screwdriver would do a better job).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution