Re: Removing gnome-keyring-manager from desktop distribution

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 18:10 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I think what we're doing in Fedora for -agent style programs is to
> autostart them via /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ - e.g. on Fedora the
> seahorse RPM should probably drop a file there and it will get
> autostarted by itself (and we'd pass the -v option so gpg.conf isn't
> rewritten).
>
> I honestly don't know if this is a Fedora-ism. But if it isn't, perhaps
> it would be good for seahorse to just do this in the upstream tarball
> and remove the evil code for rewriting the .gnupg/gpg.conf file.
> Thoughts?

Debian-derived distros do the same:

ross blackadder ~
$ ls /etc/X11/Xsession.d/
20x11-common_process-args       55gnome-session_gnomerc  90x11-common_ssh-agent
30x11-common_xresources         60seahorse               99x11-common_start
50x11-common_determine-startup  75dbus_dbus-launch

I should file a bug to get the seahorse script using -v.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./