Re: GNOME 2.20.3 released!

Hi Carlos,

On Jan 10, 2008 5:10 AM, Carlos Diógenes <cerdiogenes gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know why gnome-mag-0.15 wasn't included in this release?

Sorry, apparently someone (probably me) assumed that the stable
release version numbers of gnome-mag would be 0.14.x and that 0.15 or
higher would represent development releases for the 2.21 release
cycle.  The stable release scripts are set to ignore gnome-mag>=0.15
for the 2.20 stable cycle.  I do apologize for the error.  However,
please also note that despite our best efforts, errors of this sort
are likely to occur again (with other modules if not gnome-mag); there
are hundreds of modules in GNOME and by not using GNOME major and
minor version numbering, there's just too much room for human error.

You can also take a look at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/releng/trunk/tools/smoketesting/tarball-conversion-stable.config?view=markup
and
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/releng/trunk/tools/smoketesting/tarball-conversion.config?view=markup
to make sure the release team is using sane settings.  We do our best
to make them right, but limited time & natural human error means that
we're not perfect.  Unfortunately, fixing the stable one right now
won't do any good as all the values will be modified again when 2.22
comes out.

Hope that helps,
Elijah