Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

On Jan 21, 2008 10:53 PM, Olav Vitters <ovitters gmail com> wrote:

> Eventually I'd like something like projects.apache.org. That is
> basically a frontend of the DOAP files. It shows latest releases, etc.
> Plus a link to the real homepage. This is also what was intended with
> the new www.gnome.org CMS (explained on the wiki link I gave earlier).

What does everybody think about, in the long run, expanding this idea
of mimicing apache projects pages and having one page for each
module where all the "metadata" about the project will be nicely
presented (be it from DOAP files or the files we keep today),
with addition to summaries from recent activity on the mailing list
(eg latest posts, recent most active discussion), bugzilla (similar),
commits and with developers' blogs aggregated (perhaps showing
only those posts tagged with the name of the project to reduce noise).
That would then be a one stop overview of all development activity.

Just an idea I got recently...

    Marko